How to prepare car for NCT test using NCT checklist COVID-19
If you are planing to prepare your car for test at one of the NCT centers in Ireland during Covid-19 here is a checklist that nct.ie advice to follow in order to have successful result.
NCT checklist COVID-19 from National Car Testing Service
- Your car has adequate oil and water.
- The boot is empty and your vehicle is clear of all valuables and personal belongings.
- The vehicle is reasonably clean (especially the underbody).
- The wheel hubcaps are removed (only in the case where wheel nuts are not visible) and the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
- The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g. cam belt / timing belt. You maybe asked to sign a disclaimer at the test centre.
- All seat belts and clips are fully visible.
- We also recommend that you have your lights checked and set prior to the NCT. Please remember, lights can be checked at Westwing Motors during Pre-NCT check and preparation.
- Your Vehicle Registration Book, Registration Certificate or Licensing Certificate is with you when you arrive at the test centre.
- You bring identification (driving licence) with you on the day of the test.The person who brings the car for inspection brings their identification with them (driving licence) as failure to provide the required identification will result in the vehicle not beingissued an NCT certificate at the time of testing.
- You have your test fee of €55.00, plus any cancellation fee (if applicable) payable by cash, laser card and all major credit cards.
- Your vehicle is at a normal operating temperature prior to arriving at the test centre for inspection.
- Your registration plates comply with current regulations
If you have any more questions regarding NCT checklist COVID-19, please do not hesitate to contact National Car Testing Service.
How to contact NCT:
- Phone: 014135994 (Monday – Friday: 9am – 4pm)
- Fax: 014135996
- E-mail: email@example.com
We understand you may have some questions regarding your NCT Certificate validity and more information on this can be found here.